Last updated: December 16, 2020
EMist (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the EMist website (the “Site”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your information when you use our Site.
Information Collection And Use
We collect information about you depending on how you use our Site. For example, while using certain sections and features of our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personally Identifiable Information (“Personal Information”) that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
• Email address
• Telephone number
Below is a summary of the type of information we collect about you from various sources:
– Information You Provide to Us. We collect information provided to us directly from you, such as when you register an account, subscribe to our communications, make purchases, contact us with questions or comments, or participate in our online forums, promotions and social media platforms.
– Device Information. When you visit our Site, we collect information from your devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.). This information includes your IP address, device advertising ID, information about your operating system, how you use the device, and your physical location.
– Information from Other Sources/Technologies. In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from technologies or other sources, including third parties, such as our business partners, our affiliates, publicly available sources, or social networks in which you participate. For example, we collect certain information that is posted on social media sites, blogs and other websites.
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Use And Processing of Information
We use the information we collect to deliver, and improve our products and services, as well as to understand how you use and interact with our Site. In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
• to complete transactions you have requested or fulfill orders you have placed;
• to respond to or follow-up on your comments, reviews, inquiries and other requests;
• to implement social networking features you have activated;
• to communicate with you about your account;
• for internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships;
• for such other purposes as you may consent (from time to time); or
• as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you complete an online purchase we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions you may have about your order. As a result (and as permitted by law), our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Sharing of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations as permitted by law:
– Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
– Business Partners. We may share your information with business partners, such as service providers, vendors, and retail partners (and their service providers). Among other things, business partners may help us to administer our website, assist or support our business operations, conduct surveys, provide technical support, conduct research and analysis, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
– Legal Process. We may be required to disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, to comply with current or future laws, subpoenas, or to respond to requests from public and government authorities. We may also share your information in order to enforce our terms and conditions, to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
– Public Forums. We may offer community features and public interactive forums through our Site, such as discussion boards, product reviews, chat rooms, forums, wikis, social networking platforms and blogs. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach affecting your Personal Information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Certain sections and features of our Site require you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, selecting a strong password and constructing a unique password. You are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Links To Other Sites
Our Site does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Additional Information for California Residents. California law indicates that organizations should disclose for California residents whether certain categories of information are collected, made available to third parties in exchange for valuable consideration (“sold”) or disclosed for an organization’s “business purpose” as those terms are defined under California law. You can find a list of the categories of information that we collect and how we share the information below. Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we share about people other than yourself. If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing please submit a written request to us at our address below. We do not discriminate against California consumers who exercise their privacy rights.
You may also request to view and change your preferences, and settings in your account dashboard provided that you set up a user profile on our site, or by emailing utilizing the contact information below. Additionally, as an EU resident, you may also opt out or withdraw consents, request to correct errors in data, or request that your personal data be removed by informing us through our contact information below. If you withdraw consent, we will erase or remove the relevant personal data collected.
133 Nursery Lane
Fort Worth, Texas 76114
California Information Collection and Sharing Disclosure
|Methods of Identification||Collected||Disclosed||Sold||Data Collection Examples|
|Characteristics & Address|
|Name/ Nickname/Alias||YES||YES||NO||First Name, Last name and any alias’ associated with information a user enters.|
|Contact information (postal address/ telephone number, e-mail address)||YES||YES||NO||Address, phone number and email required for shipping information, marketing analytics etc.|
|Internet identification information (IP addresses, bandwidth)||YES||YES||NO||Track information on a user’s IP address for auditing and security purposes.|
|Credit Card Number||YES||YES||NO||Third party necessary to complete transactions and provide our products and services, including order management and fulfillment providers, and agents. Third party that assist us with information technology and security programs, fraud prevention, detection, and mitigation.|
|Debit Card Number||YES||YES||NO||Third party necessary to complete transactions and provide our products and services, including order management and fulfillment providers, and agents. Third party that assist us with information technology and security programs, fraud prevention, detection, and mitigation.|
|Other Financial Information||YES||YES||NO||Third party necessary to complete transactions and provide our products and services, including order management and fulfillment providers, and agents. Third party that assist us with information technology and security programs, fraud prevention, detection, and mitigation.|
|Information about products and services obtained from us||YES||YES||NO||Marketing promotions. Third party retains customer data regarding customer purchases.|
|Consuming Histories or tendencies||YES||YES||NO||Cookies store sessions on the website about previous data and retain cart info.|
|Network Activity data|
|Browsing and search history||YES||YES||NO||Third parties will track which web browser users navigate the site with. Search History is also covered by cookies.|
|Information about website interactions and usage||YES||YES||NO||Plugins are used to track where users click and use their mouse. Along with how long they spend on a page.|
|Physical location||YES||YES||NO||For reasons of shipping and fulfillment, marketing analytics and threat detection.|
|Audio recording (customer service call recordings)||YES||YES||NO||Customer Service calls are stored in cloud services.|